About Commonwealth Heroines
The Commonwealth Heroine Celebration is an opportunity to recognize the women across the state who don’t always make the news but who are truly making a difference in their communities, businesses, or volunteer endeavors.
We rely on legislators to nominate incredible women in their districts for their contributions to their community and the Commonwealth. This nomination form will ask for legislator information, honoree information, and a short nomination describing why the honoree is being nominated. Thank you in advance for your support in celebrating exceptional women across the Commonwealth!
- The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, April 1, 2024 by 5pm ET.
- Honorees will be notified of their nomination in mid to late April.
SAVE THE DATE: All Commonwealth Heroines and the legislators who nominated them will be invited to attend the Class of 2024 Commonwealth Heroines Celebration on Friday June 14, 2024.
The MCSW respectfully requests that each legislator recommend one female constituent to represent her community and be honored as a 2023 Commonwealth Heroine. All Commonwealth Heroines will be invited to attend a ceremony on Friday June 14, 2024 at the State House in Boston. More details will follow regarding the day’s schedule. We hope you can take the time to help us recognize a Commonwealth Heroine in your community (who has not yet been previously honored and is not a State House employee or family member).
- No elected officials
- No individuals working for the Appointing Authorities (Governor, House Speaker, Senate President, MCWL).
- Nominee must have demonstrated significant initiative, passion, accomplishment and or achievement in the following areas:
- Actively work to improve the status of women in government
- Create or actively endorse legislation that impacts women of the commonwealth
- Promote collaboration between women serving organizations or work to inform business, education, healthcare, government or media leaders of issues pertaining to women.
*Note that all information may be used publicly. We ask that you fully complete the nomination form below