MCSW Scholarship Program
In honor of our 25th Anniversary the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women is proud to launch the MCSW scholarship program, funded by the MCSW Trust Fund. This program will aim to support emerging leaders of the Commonwealth in continuing their education journey to leadership and economic empowerment. Designed to support woman-identifying students already enrolled in a Massachusetts Public Higher Education Institution, scholarships will be available to help an individual complete their degree.
Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited degree or certificate program at a Massachusetts Public Higher Education Institution and have completed at least one year towards their degree. The funds from this scholarship will go towards tuition, fees, books and related supplies or equipment for study. The MCSW will award 5 individuals with a scholarship of $5000 each for the 2024-2025 academic year. Read the press release now.
- Resident of Massachusetts;
- A woman-identifying student enrolled in a degree-granting program track, either associate, bachelors, or masters) at a Massachusetts Public Higher Education Institution (The system comprises 29 campuses divided into three segments: 15 community colleges, nine state universities and the five University of Massachusetts campuses) AND;
- Applicants must have completed one year (part time or full time credit hours) towards their degree;
- Provide Candidate Endorsement Letter
- January 2024: Application Portal Opens
- March 2024: Application Portal Closes
- April 2024: Scholarship Committee Reviews All Applications
- May 2024: Notification of Awards
- June 2024: Awardees invited to Commonwealth Heroines 2024
- July-August 2024: Award Disbursement for 2024-2025 School Year
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Your support makes it possible to invest in the next generation of women leaders. Give a donation today to the MCSW and your generous support will support women going back to school to complete their education, pursue their passions, and lead the next generation of Massachusetts so all can thrive.
MCSW is a 509(a)(1) Independent Massachusetts State Agency charged with reviewing the status of women in Massachusetts and offering recommendations regarding policy that would improve access to opportunities and equality. Tax ID 04-6002284.